Total Pageviews

Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas!

another favorite
Merry Christmas to all of you! This year has been a wonderful one for me and my family. I know it's technically Christmas Eve, but I don't plan on being on the computer on Christmas day! We're heading to my inlaws for Christmas Eve where we will enjoy fondue. This year, there will be chocolate fondue!! On Christmas day, we'll head up to my parents to hang out in the afternoon and then have dinner with some extended family that evening.

It bears repeating that this has been a wonderful year. I am a very happy mom and wife... especially lately. I have just really felt content and happiness in my relationship with my spouse and my child. I learned so much this year about how to be a better wife and mom. God has blessed me so much with a wonderful family - a loving husband and an amazing son. Gabe has been so lovey lately and an absolute delight.

I started a great job this year and I work with/for wonderful people. Greg also began a new job and has made me very proud. I think of where I was last year at this time... A time of uncertainty. I didn't know what my career would be. Now, I'm enjoying seasonal work, getting a job where I am able to spend more time with my boy and I can take pride in taking care of our home.

God has taught me so much this year. I am so thankful for His gifts to me. My husband, my child, my job, my amazing friends, and my salvation. The gifts under the tree are certainly nice to give and to recieve. But the real gift, wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger was given to us all those years ago. A gift. In the form of a baby, grown in the womb of a virgin, we were given the ultimate gift of salvation. If you haven't opened it yet, it's there waiting for you...

I wish you all the peace, joy, and happiness this season brings. May God bless you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment