Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Coming around...

1.365 self portrait

I have been wanting to do a Christmas post for a few days, but I have been (and still kind of am) under the weather. It started a few days ago. I decided to make lasagna for dinner because starting tomorrow, Greg and I are dieting hard core. *New Year's resolution cliche, I know* But anyway, so I made this awesome dinner. I get ready to serve it and I am so incredibly nauseous. I was so ticked too. I had been looking forward to this dinner because I don't make it very often and to having a good carb meal before going all healthy. I couldn't do it. I nibbled two bites down, and went for the couch. By 7:00, the puke marathon began. Every hour until the next morning. (sorry to be so graphic!)

I hadn't been sick like this since college... or as Ted Mosby would say "Puke free since '93" (or 2000 in my case). It was horrible. The whole next day, my back hurt so bad but I couldn't get out of bed. I had the craziest reoccuring dreams too... they were so vivid. Then yesterday, NYE, I was dizzy all day. Mom and Dad kept Gabe overnight so we could have dinner. We ended up buying expensive steaks and desserts from The Fresh Market, and suddenly, my appetite was back! We also had a How I Met Your Mother marathon. Very low key, but a wonderful night with my husband. Now, today, the nausea has come back. I don't get it. Weirdest flu ever.

Also, I must mention... I have the greatest husband. He has really taken over parenting while I've been under the weather. Thank you to my Marshmallow. xoxo Your Lilypad. :)

Greg, this is for you...

I have really been wanting to do a Christmas post and talk about how wonderful everything was... how it was a great Christmas Eve at the Herrmans, spent with my amazing in laws and my neices and nephews. And, how I got to see little Dougie on his first Christmas and spend some time with Anna Banana. I'm afraid I'm just gonna have to do that post a little later.

Gabe's had a blast playing with all of his new toys and has even chosen some of his old toys to donate. He's really good about letting go of things he doesn't play with anymore.

In other news, I am going to try to do a 365 project this year - a photo a day. The above is my day one photo... I just realized that's a mega-ginormous picture of me... yeah, sorry about that. I hope by this time next year I will have taken 365 pictures and lost quite a few pounds. That's a goal... Here's hoping I can make it happen.

Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to do a 365 photo project this year... Might have to look into that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog face looks great! (Meaning your photo header and you of course!)

    ReplyDelete