Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Skin Care Review

Current skincare
Just curious... what are your skin care products? I've had a hard time in the past just finding the right combination to go with my skin. I have an extremely dry face... not flaky dry, but redness dry. When I don't have makeup on, my skin is very blotchy and red, especially around my chin. I went to have a facial a few months ago with a giftcard I had because I was concerned that maybe I had Rosacea. The esthetician believed that I just had very dry skin since I didn't appear to have any broken capillaries. She suggested I definitely use a toner without alcohol and a moisturizer that was very hydrating.

It's been tough coming up with a good combination, but I think for me, I might be on the right track. Since I'm working part time right now, I don't feel right about buying the expensive stuff, so I've been working with over the counter Walmart stuff.

The Cetaphil was suggested because its not a harsh cleanser at all - no exfolliants or good smelly fragrance. (man, I miss the smell of Noxema!) Honestly, I feel like I'm hardly cleaning my face with anything but water. But, I think it's getting the job done.

Next, I use the Neutrogena alcohol-free toner. I really like this. It's nice and cool but doesn't sting like our old friend Noxema. You knew you were getting your face clean with that stuff! An old friend of mine once took a cotton ball soaked with Noxema to a door at my Dad's automotive shop - a door that was filthy with grease and grime. Noxema made a spot on that door white as snow. Imagine what it was doing to my face!

At night, I use the Loreal Revitalift or the Ponds depending on how dry my face feels. The Loreal seems to be a nice moisturizer, but aimed towards more average skin. The Ponds definitely moisturizes, but leaves my face feeling greasy. This is where I have the trouble. What moisturizer do you use at night?

I also use the Aveeno Smart Essentials eye roller at night. I just got this product and I really like it. It makes my skin feel tighter around my eyes. It did sting just a tad when I put it on, but it wasn't bad. I can't wait to try this in the morning.

Finally, in the morning, I use the Garnier Moisture Rescue. This is a favorite for me! It's a cool gel and it doesn't leave my face feeling greasy. I like it because I can put it on after I was my face in the morning and then I can put my makeup on right after. It goes great with the Bare Minerals makeup.

So, what are your skincare secrets? Any suggestions? I would love to know of some great products that don't cost an arm an a leg.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Bri! I feel like such a slacker about skincare. Maybe I should write a blog post about it. I do about a tenth of what you do. I think I must be really lazy!

    ReplyDelete