Total Pageviews

Friday, January 20, 2012

1st official day of life change.

20.365 1st official diet day

I went to the dietician yesterday. I was really expecting to go in there and get the crap scared out of me. Yeah, didn't happen. This dietician was so blah. She talked about diabetes like it wasn't considered a big deal if you had to go on insulin... That some people just have the hereditary factor that gets you to that point. It isn't considered failure if you can't control your diabetes with diet and excercise. Yeah, that'll motivate me!

I did learn some very useful tidbits of information. One being to follow a plate rule like this one:





So, today I ate my lunch like this plate shows. One entire side of my plate was full of green beans! Yum! And, a quarter of the plate had shrimp on it, cooked with a little bit of garlic. Finally, I had three of the above crackers and one small apple. Total carbs for the meal = 31! I came in right under the target of 40.

During the day today has gone very well. Nighttime is where I have the biggest trouble. I'm going to do my best though! We're having chicken tonight (on the grill, even though Greg will be freezing his baguettes off!) and I think we're going to have some broccoli too.

I have journalled all the food I've eaten today. That's a big help in terms of accountability. After dinner, I'm going to go use the treadmill. I'm off to a good start today.

PS: I appreciate the comments the last couple of days. For some reason though, Blogger isn't letting me comment on my own blog. Weird.

2 comments:

  1. I struggle with a lot of these same problems (nighttime eating especially)...you can do it!!! I'm trying to quit soda, SO ADDICTIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Bri. Keep up the great work :) Eventually everything that seems new will be a "norm" for you and wont look back :)

    ReplyDelete