Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

my darlin.

my darlin.



If you were a boat, my darling
A boat, my darling
I'd be the wind at your back
If you were afraid, my darling
Afraid, my darling
I'd be the courage you lack

If you were a bird, then I'd be a tree
And you would come home, my darling, to me
If you were asleep, then I'd be a dream
Wherever you are, that's where my heart will be
Oh, do you know we belong together?
Oh, do you know my heart is yours?


If you were the ocean, I'd be the sand
If you were a song, I'd be the band
If you were the stars, then I'd be the moon
A light in the dark, my darling, for you


Oh, do you know we belong together?
Oh, do you know my heart is yours?

(My favorite parts in bold - although I could have bolded the entire song!)

I have been somewhat captivated by this song since I first heard it. If you haven't heard it, I would encourage you to listen to it. It is the sweetest thing. It reminds me of me and my Gabers so very much.

I've been somewhat captivated by my little boy here lately too. Life has just been so good. I have cried listening to this song, how much it reminds me that we belong together. Us. Gabe, Greg, & Me. My little boy is growing up so fast. As I listen to the song right now, tears running down my cheeks, I know that my heart is permanently fastened to this wonderful kid. I'm forever going to be his mom: the wind at his back, the courage he lacks, a light in the dark. A soft place to land, always home, his biggest cheerleader, a shoulder to cry on, a kiss for the ouchies.

What a gift to me. God has blessed me.

2 comments:

  1. you, Greg & Gabe are perfect together! ♥
    and I love this song & video :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! I kinda thought you might like the song! :)

    ReplyDelete