Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Slowing down... for a minute.

Alright, alright... My blog's not broken. My husband always says, "I think there's something wrong with your blog..." Life has been crazy. My house is a mess, I have folders of pictures waiting to be edited and digitally scrapped, I don't get much time with my son, and I have about 8 thousand craft projects I want to do. Besides that, there are dishes in the sink, my bathroom desperately needs cleaned, and we need new sheets on the beds.

Life, please slow down a bit!

Since I last blogged, our family has grown by 2 feet...


Little Douglas Gregory was born April 30, at 6:40 pm. He weighed 7 lbs, 14 oz, and was 20 inches long. He is about the sweetest thing ever made! My brother and his wife, Sonya are excellent parents and love their little Dougie so much, as do we!

I've been taking a lot of pictures. This one of Dougie was a big accomplishment for me! He's such a sweet little guy! I have really enjoyed taking his newborn pictures. Newborn sessions are a favorite for me.


I've also been taking some pictures of this sweet boy. My Gabers is growing up so fast. I can't believe he's 4 years old. His behavior has greatly improved as far as the tantrums go. We've found that a quarter reward system seems to work really well. At the beginning of each week, he starts out with $5.00 in quarters. When he misbehaves, quarter(s) are taken away. When he behaves really well, or does something really great, he's rewarded with quarters. It seems to be working out really well.



I've also been taking pictures of other people's kids! This cutie pie would not leave his tongue in his mouth throughout the entire session! It was hilarious!




Oh life, you're moving so fast! Slow down just a bit so I can catch up!



5 comments:

  1. I think that is the cutest newborn picture I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree! That is a wonderful newborn photo, looks like magazine material! I just looked at the newborn pics you took for us and put the feet pic with the cats nose in it on my dresser. Boy do those little feet grow fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now Junior, we're going to have to take back your allowance. The whole buck? I wonder if they have change for a fifty?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Billie Jo! Your Colton is growing up! He's a cutie.

    Grant - How do you manage a buck?

    ReplyDelete