Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 11, 2010

going to the dentist

My little boy went to the dentist today. He did absolutely great! He usually listens very well for other people... not so much for me and Greg! But, in talking to parents, I've found this to be true a lot of the time. The dentist and her assistant were raving about how brave he was and how well he did sitting in the chair and listening to them.

This is how Gabe sat through most of the appointment... Most of the time, his legs were crossed at the ankles too! The dental assistant was great. She and the doctor had names for each of the tools and explained everything they were going to do. Gabe listened and answered their questions. I was so proud of him!

I asked him to smile and give me a thumbs up, and the little kid obliged! That never happens! He isn't big on having his picture taken (go figure) and so for him to pretty much strike a pose for me was golden!

And finally, I asked him to show me his clean teeth. Look at my big kid! :) He ended up with 2 cavities, but our dentist told us that was pretty normal. We had a talk about apple juice (and we just had one with the pediatrician at his 3 yr appointment) and how we need to dilute it or cut it down. It's something Greg and I have really struggled with. The kid loves his apple juice. He has no other "vices". He was never really a pacifier baby, he doesn't have a favorite blankie or stuffed animal. He's pretty much fearless. Take his apple juice away and look out! So, we're going to do our best to really cut it out. It's what's best for him, so we definitely need to do what the doctors say.
Gabe and I had a great day together. I was so proud of my little dude and it felt great to see him behave and get so many, "Oooohhhh... he's so cute!" 's today.



No comments:

Post a Comment