Total Pageviews

Monday, January 10, 2011

Resolution

Ok, so my husband told me that my New Year's Resolution should be to blog more. I am such a bad blogger!! I get home and I have so much to do... I've just totally neglected this blog. I'm not even sure if anyone checks it anymore! My son is going to be 4 years old this Friday. Time has FLOWN. I can't believe my sweet boy is going to be 4. Four years old.

For his birthday present from us, we took him up to Legoland as a total surprise. I'll do another post about that soon - there are a ton of pictures and I just don't have the energy to do that tonight! Another gift for him is new bedding for his room. After looking at Pottery Barn, Land of Nod, etc... I just couldn't do it. I couldn't spend that much money for a room that will never look like the ones they put in their catalogs! And, with me losing my job in March (a whole nother blog post in itself!), I feel like it's completely senseless to not look for a bargain. I knew I wanted a robot theme... You'd think robot bedding would be more popular right now! Robots are making a comeback! I did find this from Land of Nod, but I was hoping for a robot quilt... not a duvet cover. And, I really didn't want to spend $150 on an orange blanket.

So, I kept looking... I decided to go to the tried and true... Target. I love Target. I could seriously and very easily spend an entire paycheck in that place! I happened to ask Gabe before he went to bed tonight if he'd like an astronaut room or a robot room. He wants an astronaut room. Awesome, because guess what I found?

And, then I found this on Etsy! Yes, I need that too. I haven't ordered this yet or the sheets that go with the bedspread. I don't know if I'll even get the sheets since we have several sets of full sheets. I do really want to get the decal though!

I can't wait to decorate my big boy's room! I'll be putting pictures up. It may be a slow process as we "space out" (no pun intended!) the expenses. I think he'll really love it. We told him once he starts staying dry during the night without a pull-up that we would make his room a big boy one. He has done so well! And, I'm glad we kinda deterred him away from the Pottery Barn Batman stuff!

3 comments:

  1. Still checking and excited to see a new post! Can't wait to see more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I always say that to Colton "I love you to the moon and back" its from "Guess how much I love you" the book my mom gave him that she used to read to me! I might have to ask you again someday where you got that!

    ReplyDelete