Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

News

Got a little breaking news for you all...

Greg, Gabe, & I will be adopting again! Tonight was the perfect night to tell you because I just finished up designing the profile that we will be sharing with prospective birthmoms. This time, rather than scrapbooking the entire thing and making copies, I made the pages in Photoshop and we're going to print them from home. It was a little more stressful this time around, just finding the time to sit down at the computer with a busy 4 year old! But, it's done and ready! And, so are we!

I mentioned before that I am being let go from my job effective March 31, or sooner, depending on whether or not they have enough work to keep me. So, ideally, there'd be a birth mom out there that we'd be matched with that was due right at the end of March! Then, I could take a maternity leave and hope to find another job. I hate to start another job and have to tell them that I don't know when I'll be "due"! :)

As we found out with Gabe, when the time is right, the time is right. So, we're going to let go and let God take care of the timing. He already knows if there's a baby out there meant to be in our family and when the timing will be. I'm not worried... I'm just really excited! Close family and friends know, but now it's time to share it with the "internot" as Gabe would call it.

Just some answers to questions we've been receiving:

  1. Will it be a boy or girl this time? Well, we're not sure! You don't get to choose, and that's a-ok with us, since with a pregnancy you don't get to choose either.
  2. Does Gabe know? We've talked about it and asked him if he'd like a brother or sister some day. He really wants a "brudder".
  3. Where will the baby be from? We have no idea. We only know we will be having a domestic adoption again this time. Meaning, we will only be adopting in the United States. Hopefully, the birth family will be close so we can visit with them.
  4. Will you have an open adoption again? Yes, we want both of our children to know their birth families. We prefer it this way... it's been such a blessing to know Gabe's birth family.

Speaking of birth families, I have posted a picture of Gabe with his birth grandma and his birth mom. (with their permission) We love them and have been so blessed, so very blessed to have them in our lives. They are very excited for us too and have been very willing to be a reference for us. They have just warned us that we probably won't find better than them though! :) They really are the greatest.

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! Congrats! Can't wait to hear how God will bless your family soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh Bri you got me crying, but I also have that chills kind of feeling because I can feel the love and excitement in your post (emitting from your fingers) :) I am so very happy for you all and words just do not describe the hearts of good people like you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! Can't wait to see whats in store for your little family :)

    ReplyDelete