Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 15, 2012

let the sun shine

let the sunshine

I'm probably the only one in the surrounding area that isn't 100% happy about this awesome weather we've had. I'm just keeping it real. It is beautiful!! And, nighttime outside has been so lovely. However, daytime has been really hard on this hypo-thyroider. I know I should feel thankful when I see a beautiful forecast, but all I can seem to think about is how uncomfortable I'm going to be. Sleeping will be hot. Cooking will be hot. Housework and laundry will be hot. Work will be hot - they don't turn the air on until it's like 78 in there.

Last night, I had windows open and fans blowing. I was actually doing ok for me! Our thermostat said it was 76. In the summer time, our thermostat always reads 70. So, for me, I was doing pretty well. My husband went to a friend's house to visit last night, comes home after I'm asleep upstairs, lays on the couch, and turns the air on. WHAT! I woke up and all the windows upstairs were open, the kitchen window is open, and Greg's got the air at 71. He was like, "What? It was freaking hot in here when I got home." Yeah, I freaking know that. Here I am thinking, "Hey, you made it without turning the air on. You won't get made fun of by your husband and family for it feeling like a meat locker in this joint." I'm just a little miffed because we missed Winter. We didn't get much of one. Seasons come and go... I'll get through this one. I'll just be a hot, sweaty mess. :)

To totally change topics, last night we were able to stargaze from our backyard. It was so beautiful outside. The temperature was just right, there was a slight breeze, and the skies were totally clear. We were able to see Mars, Venus, Jupiter, Orion's Belt, and the Big Dipper thanks to Google Sky Maps on Greg's phone. What an amazing app! If you've never stargazed before, download this handy app and try it out. It's so cool. Gabe thought it was pretty sweet too. It's pretty amazing to look up and know that God created all those stars, planets, and galaxies and know that He still knows the number of hairs on our head and He knows each of us by name. I realize the beginning of this post is quite a downer compared to the end. I should be thankful for this beautiful weather - these beautiful days that the Lord has made.

"Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."
-Luke 12:7

"But now, Oh Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you. Oh Israel, the one who formed you says, "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine."
-Isaiah 43:1

"He who made the Pleiades and Orion, who turns blackness into dawn and darkens day into night, who calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out over the face of the land. The Lord is his name.
-Amos 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment