Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 11, 2010

I am not afraid to garage sale.

I love to garage sale. It's one of my favorite activities with my BFF, Tami. Here are some of my recent finds!

I plan on cutting the front of this pillow off and framing it for my scrapbook room. I loved, loved, loved the embroidery, but even with washing it, the thought of laying on someone else's pillow creeped me out. Ok, only one of these is from a garage sale. The top middle one is what started my collection. It is one of the only items I have from my Grandma Smith and I have always cherished it. I love the design and I love how sweet it is. The one on the bottom right, I got from a garage sale for $2.50. I was so excited to find it!! The one on the left is from eBay. I think I paid $7.00 for it. Periodically, I'll get on eBay and etsy and check for them. I just think they are precious. I'd like to have a collection on my kitchen wall.

And THIS. Oh, it just makes my heart melt! It's in near perfect condition, an antique, and best of all, I found it for $12.00. I got this at the Pantagraph's garage sale. I am thrilled about this one. This will be great for newborn pictures. I'm toying with the idea of spray-painting it white, but after photographing it, I think I may leave it alone. I've got a couple baby sessions coming up, I'll just have to try it out.

And this. This was too sad not to buy. My mom and I collect recipes and always put together our own recipe books. This was a recipe book belonging to someone in Washburn and it was being sold for $1.00. All of the recipes inside were either hand-written or collected from the 1950's-1970's from newspapers or magazines. I thought of the time, thought, and care that was put into this. I thought of the mom/wife sitting and planning out meals for her family. I thought this was a treasure.
AND, we can't forget about Gabers! My most exciting finds are when I find vintage Fisher Price toys. I love the little people like I had when I was little. And, Gabe loves them too. He loves getting to "give them a bath" when we get home - which consists of him pulling a chair up to the kitchen sink and me helping him wash all the guys. Ok, so Mommy washes and Gabe splashes and makes a mess, but he loves it. I think I paid $20 for the above set, but it was worth it. It had all the pieces, plus a few extra. And, it went great with the family house we got him on eBay for Christmas last year.

And, I got this one yesterday at the Pantagraph's garage sale. It was only $4.00 and it had all the pieces (except for the side door, but that's ok!). And, Gabe loved it. He's been playing with it non-stop since I brought it home.
I thought I'd be doing better at blogging this time around, but we are so busy right now. Our last month consisted of the following:
  • a minor car accident and dealing with a rental car, insurance, repairs, repairs messed up, etc...
  • Greg in the hospital for 4 days with a minor surgery & MRSA
  • a kitchen flood
  • mid-remodel projects
  • a messy house
  • wedding invites & shower invites to design and prepare
  • shopping and planning for a shower (I love preparing for showers!)
  • a busy preschooler
  • Greg travelling

I'm so excited for this coming week. We're going to St. Louis with Greg while he travels for work. We'll be going to Gabe's first Cardinals game and Gabe and I are going to head to the zoo while Greg's working. (Sorry Greg!). It'll be a well-enjoyed break and mini-vacation for the Herrman family! I'm sure I'll have a ton of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment