Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Brother


My little brother is getting married. I can't believe I'm saying those words... My little brother, the one who's always had a soft spot in my heart. The one who made us cry as he stepped out onto a football field. The one who always looked up to his big sister.
Dan is a blessing. Dan was in a car accident when he was 9 years old and it was very, very severe. He was in critical condition for days, as well as my sister, Jenny. I remember when he woke from his coma. We had finally talked Mom and Dad into going to get some supper. The nurse came to get us (me & Greg) to tell us that he was awake. I kept telling him that I loved him, over and over, just to hear him say it back. I just wanted to hear his voice.
Now, I am so blessed to see him reach another milestone. He's getting married and building a home with a girl who is so incredibly sweet. I am excited to have Sonya in the family. I love watching him experience love and I love watching him make a home.
Brother, you are a blessing to me and the rest of our family. I love you and I'll always think of you as the youngest of the "kids". I'll always look out for you, I'll always be your biggest fan. I'll always be your big sister. Congratulations on starting your life with Sonya. I wish you both a life full of blessings and happiness.




2 comments:

  1. Aw, Bri this post made me cry, my baby brother will be 18 in Oct. I cried when he turned 16 and drove, I cant imagine how Ill sob when he tells me he is getting married! I cant believe your little brother is getting married. Great job on the pictures as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it - I am so going to be crying when they get married! And, I'll be taking the pictures, so I better try and hold it together! Thanks for the compliment on the pictures! I'm so glad you comment... I never know if anyone is reading this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete