Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

On my mind.

I don't know what it is about turning 30, but I feel like I've been doing a lot of soul-searching lately!

I made reference in one of my last posts about knowing what one of my goals is - to make people happy and not to tear them down. One of the worst feelings I've ever felt is knowing that I've hurt someone's feelings. I think a lot of times my personality comes across as insecure because I'm always apologizing or worrying about what someone thinks.

Honestly, in the little things, it doesn't matter to me what people think. I love owls. I love vintage trivets. I love vintage stationary. I love vintage, ok, well pretty much anything from the 70's! I love to change the toliet paper roll to a fresh one when we have company coming over (don't worry... I'm not wasteful, I just put it away for later). I do that so our company doesn't run out... so they don't have to go searching. I don't do it because I'm afraid our house won't look perfect. I straighten my naturally curly hair. I give in to my child a lot. I yell at Greg sometimes. My house is a fright right now (and most of the time due to a busy life!). I am me and I'm an ok gal.

So, I guess tonight I just wanted to talk a little bit about me. I am enjoying life right now - where we are. Our growing family - Jenny & Rene are expecting, Lindsey & Matt are getting married, and Dan & Sonya are getting married. Gabe is at a great age to play. Greg and I are in a great spot. I have a job. I have my photography. Life is good. I feel like I'm maturing and at 30 years old, I'm really not so worried about what other people think.

Bottom line - Love my Greg & my Gabe, love my family, enjoy each day, and don't stress the small stuff. After all, we've got one go around here. I'm not going to spend that time - waste that time - on relationships, activities, and stuff that aren't me and what I'm living for.

No comments:

Post a Comment