Total Pageviews

Monday, November 21, 2011

Advent


I work with this woman who taught Sunday school for kids Gabe's age in the past. So, I thought I'd see if she had any neat ideas for Advent for Gabe. He is having such a hard time waiting for Christmas. His Daddy and I are so looking forward to enjoying Christmas with him.

Deanna (my co-worker) gave us this excellent idea... Make a paper chain for however many days are left until Christmas. Then, each night before bed Gabe gets to take one chain off the tree after we read this:


"Each evening after your prayers are said,

take off one ring. And hop in bed!

When only the candle is left to shine,

then you will know it's Christmas time!"

We gave Gabe a little battery-operated candle that he gets to have on in his room Christmas night. I hung the garland on the tree just so it'd be an easy place for all of us to remember to do it each night... not that Gabe will let us forget! I need to figure out a way to incorporate the real meaning of Christmas into it too... Maybe the candle is for Jesus' birthday.

Isn't this one of THE cutest almost - five year old's you've ever seen? Love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment