Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 17, 2011

This time last year...



I found out that my job of 7 1/2 years would be ending due to my inability to go full time. I can't believe it's been a year since then... It seems like that happened so long ago. When that place comes to mind, I realize that I haven't let go of a lot of anger that I'm holding onto, so thankfully, I don't think about it that much.


I can't believe my life now! I am a "farmer" - I always like to tell my friend Grant this, to which he very calmly and sternly says, "You're not a farmer." As in, no more discussion on the matter. No, I'm not a farmer, but my life has certainly begun to revolve around farming. I am loving it. I love talking to the farmers when they come in, I really like the people I work with, and the organization is great. I really love seeing the setting of our community in a totally different light. I appreciate so much more how smart the farmers are, how each and every one have their own way of doing things, and how the community works together. I like how the job is part time full time, meaning I have a lot of work at one time, and then I have breaks of time where I can just be with my family.


Being involved in the community has become my favorite part of the job. I like knowing the farmers by name, stopping in at the bank or post office, and seeing a lot of people every day. I am committed to giving 110% to help these guys succeed. Learning a new job has also come with some difficulty for sure. I grew up on a farm and my dad was a farmer, but he didn't really ever talk much about his business. I think maybe he thought I wasn't interested. So, I have definitely had a lot to learn. Some days, I feel completely useless! But, other days things just seem to flow nicely.


Leaving Kahuna was a huge change for me... One I was really afraid of. However, I can look back and say I am grateful for everything I learned there and I am very thankful for where I am now. I hope to be doing this for a long time. I'm a farmer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment