Total Pageviews

Monday, November 28, 2011

his toy story...

Mom, don't pick these up, ok?
"Mom, Mom, don't put these away... I'm going to play with these guys tomorrow." Ok, buddy....

his toy story.

Tonight we cleaned/sorted Gabe's playroom. Usually after a few days it gets really messy and my OCD takes over and I have to sort everything into its correct place. I always open up the 'Lego guy' drawer and think I'm going to sort it out and put the guys together correctly but I never do. 1. It would take FAR too long... this kid has so many Lego guys. and 2. I would never find pieces like these! Above, meet Robin the Shark, Woody the Sumo Wrestler, Jesse the Little Person, and the Construction/Robot who looks like he should be doing the YMCA. Gabe was in the basement playing dodgeball with Greg while I stayed up here to sort and I just couldn't contain my laughter! This kid! Seriously!

Never far from my heart.
We've been to the Lego store twice. The first time we went, Gabe was really into Toy Story. I asked him to help me pick out a keychain for me... he picked Jesse because she was a girl like me. This year, I went to the Lego store with some friends and I had to pick up the pirate guy from Pirates of the Carribean. Gabe LOVES pirates right now (and might be getting a few for Christmas). I love the idea of carrying little reminders of my Gabers with me while I'm doing the normal day to day activities. I can just glance down at my keys and instantly smile thinking of the little guy who cracks me up on a daily basis.

Can you imagine if Gabe's toys came to life at night? Poor Woody... A sumo wrestler? And Jesse, having to adjust to life as a little person? Gabe is really loving pretend play right now. I'm sure his toys are enjoying it too. So many of them have become "best friends" and have "broken up" as well as smashed into their friends' houses. In Gabe's toy story, pirate guys and Lego men live together in harmony. Mean sharks attack the ships and take half the men down. And, guys forgive each other (I've heard him say from one guy to another - "It's ok, I forgive you. You're my best friend again".)

I've heard you can tell a lot from your child's pretend play... how they are disciplined, how they interact with other kids, etc... And, it's really good for their development. Hearing Gabe's pretend play brings so much delight to me. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment