Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Homemade Chutney

Ok, I'm a little proud of myself on this one... I made my own chutney for Thanksgiving! Actually, the recipe was really easy! I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year and since I'll be working up until the day of, I thought I'd get this done, freeze it, and then thaw it the day before. Once less thing I have to worry about making the day of the meal. Defrost and warm in the microwave and we'll be good to go. The recipe even says its ok to freeze.

The aroma in my house was awesome! And, it tasted fantastic. I will definitely be making this every year I host. When I tried it, I could definitely imagine it with the turkey!

Today, we also picked up our organic turkey from the locker. Gabe has decided that he will affectionately call him "Nick". I also got the menu planned, as well as the dreaded trip to Walmart. I love cooking for Thanksgiving, but honestly this year I'm a little worried about pulling it off. Thankfully, our family will be here and none of them are picky or particular. They are all so laid back. They'll all grab an apron and help me through it!

I'm really thankful that my family and Greg's family can share Thanksgiving together. Not all families can do that. It sure makes our holidays so much easier and so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment