Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 5, 2010

It's good to be back.

So, after a break of blogging, I realized that I missed it, and well, it's good to be back. I really enjoyed writing about our lives, so I thought I'd try and get going on it again. Life's been pretty busy this summer, but awesome. My sister, Lindsey married her high school sweetheart on Cocoa Beach in FL in June. We had a reception for them at my parents' farm, and it was a great time. We took a few formals by the barn too.

My niece/Goddaughter was born July 24th to my sister, Jenny and her husband, Rene. She is the most beautiful little girl and I already feel such a bond with her. I was able to be in the room when she was born (an experience I will always cherish and be thankful for) and I got to hold her just minutes after her entrance to the world. Jenny and Rene are wonderful parents. She is such a sweet little one with such a calm, easy-going disposition. Love her, love her, love her.

And, August 28th, my little brother, Dan married his sweetheart, Sonya. I was honored to take the pictures at their wedding too. Sonya was a beautiful bride and their wedding was so special. I know I've talked before about how these "kids" (Jenny, Lindsey, & Dan) were all in an accident. Watching Jenny and Rene bring new life to the world, watching Lindsey and Matt say their vows, and watching Dan and Sonya dance to their song brought back a lot of emotion. Believe it or not, I'm not a very emotional person. I feel a LOT in my heart, but for some reason, I'm not a big crier. I sympathize and empathize with many, but tears don't come very often. Tears flowed from my eyes as I watched my brother and Mom dance to Always a Child.
Our family has experienced so many blessings in the past year. I have a new sister and two new brothers. I have a niece. I have a healthy boy and husband.

This adorable one starts preschool up again on Tuesday. He is very excited about it. I have to admit, I'm a little selfish when it comes to preschool starting again! I like having that 2 1/2 hours to get some work done, uninterrupted! I think I am a better mom for it! If I get to work those 2 hours when I'm home, I have more free uninterrupted time to do things with my son too.
On the business front, Wish I Might is staying very busy. I'm in senior picture mode and have several sessions lined up for Sept/Oct. It's been a blessing to have Wish I Might and I feel like I'm learning more and more everyday. In July, I had my first Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep session. I made it through it, but it was very difficult. I cried the entire way home from the hospital. I really was glad that I did it though. And, I had an awesome photographer there to help me through it. Really, emotionally and technically, she was so supportive. She let me take the entire session, but was there when I had any questions. I've really been thinking a lot about the session and wondering if I'll be able to do it on my own, and I think I will be able to. I'd like to be a part of 1 or 2 more sessions first - just to be a little more comfortable.
Greg had his first carpal tunnel surgery Thursday, so I'm playing nurse this week... pretending I know what I'm doing while changing bandages! :) With a mom and 2 sisters as nurses, some of it had to be passed to me too, right?
Thanks all for reading, putting up with my indecisiveness, and for coming back! :)

4 comments:

  1. so glad to see you back & the blog looks great :) as always, the photos are awesome & you guys have had quite a busy summer! i think you are amazing for doing the Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep session - i can't imagine how hard that would be but you gave those parents a very special gift ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah... that means a lot to me. I will continue to try and do the NILMDTS sessions. It was an experience I'll never forget and I hope that I can help someone get through the pain in a small way. A dear family member lost a baby and I know she is so thankful she has the pictures. Thanks again for such a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bri I am so glad your back to blogging.. Your blogs are so touching and they really do reach in to my heart...You have a way of bring your feelings into your writing, which is another gift you have. I can NOT begin to imagine doing the photo sessions, but again its a God thing, you knew he wanted you to do it, he chose you because he knows you are strong enough to do that and give people a wonderful gift from a talent you have. I am so happy for you and your family and all the wonderful blessings that have come your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Billie, Thank you so much for the sweet comment. You and Sarah make me want to cry! Thank you from the bottom of my heart... Means so much to me.

    ReplyDelete