Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

MG Fall 2010

Oh my goodness... I am so ready for the Fall Momma Getaway! What's a Momma Getaway you ask?? Well, let me just provide you with a little bullet list of details...

  • Me and a few of my very closest friends. I'm kind of the common denominator among all of the ladies... I introduced them and we all seem to get along great!
  • A LOT of scrapbooking. I mean A LOT. We each get a large table, put them in the shape of a large square (so we can see each other when we're talking) and scrap, sew, make jewelry, whatever from Thursday night to Sunday mid-afternoon! It's kind of like the old quilting bees.
  • Good food. Each lady is responsible for providing a meal to share. And, we all bring snacks and our own drinks.
  • Good conversations... sometimes its deep, sometimes its just funny!
  • Staying up as late as we want (sometimes as late as 3:30 am... wowza... we're rebels!
  • A lodge-type cabin... complete with a stuffed bear. (for our protection)
  • Bunk beds! :)
  • A snoring room - I won't say who's sleeping there.
  • We have a TV/DVD combo there and we like to have movies playing in the background and we'll bring music too.
  • No distractions and no "MOM!!!!!" or "I'm Firsty!!!" :) It's kinda nice to be able to relax a little without being distracted by all you have to do around the house too.
  • Great husbands that realize that we work hard all year and understand that we need a break too.

Momma Getaway might seem a little selfish, but this is really the only time of year I get to scrapbook. We have a late winter/early spring one too. During the rest of the year, I'm busy as a Mom, wife, and photographer. Greg travels a lot with his job too, so this gives me a little away time. For like the entire month before, I'm busy organizing my pages (a lot of the fun of the whole thing for me!!) and just thinking about all I hope to get done. This year, we're going to incorporate some devotions in as well. I'm excited about trying to tie that into a scrapbook layout or craft idea too.

Momma Getaway - we're ready!

2 comments:

  1. That's not selfish at all. Mom's need time away every now and then to recharge and do the things they want to do! Enjoy your getaway! And btw, I love the blog background. It couldn't be cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steph! I feel like I'm really needing this getaway! We've had 2 weddings and a baby this summer, plus a very active little boy! And, I'm getting into the busy photography season... It's been a crazy year!

    Thanks - I love the blog background too! Totally vintage, which is SO me! :)

    ReplyDelete