Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Write About Your Friends Week!

So, I thought I'd write a little something (or sumfin, as Gabe would say) about each of my friends attending the Momma Getaway in a couple weeks. All these ladies mean so much to me, and well, I think I should share a little about them!

First up? Mrs. Tami Lyons! C'mon on down! You're the first friend on the Write About Your Friends Week!

Tami is one of the best people I've ever met, and the coolest thing about her is, she doesn't even know it. She and I have some of the best times ever, some of those being at the Momma Getaway's. Since I'm a snorer (booo...) I have to sleep in the snoring room. Well, Tami doesn't want me to be in the scary room by myself - If you saw where this lodge is located, you'd be afraid too... It's like Deliverance!

I digress.

Anywho, we have some of THE best conversations in there. We always lay in our bunks (not in a gay way - she in hers, me in mine!) and talk. Just when we say goodnight, one of us inevitably starts talking again, and we end up staying up for an hour or more talking! What a good friendship.

She's put up with my insecurities, my forgetfulness, and my busy life. She's cried with me when I've been upset, and she's given me hugs even when I didn't know I needed them. She's the best kind of friend - one that loves me for who I am and isn't afraid to tell me if/when I'm making a mistake, or doing something I may regret.

She & her family have introduced me to a world of new things: Serious garage sale shopping, Dominoes, Twilight, a new appreciation for scary movies, sewing, etc... Her family has embraced mine as their own. She and her husband Steve have raised fun, unconditionally loving, hilarious kids that we have grown extremely close to.

Tami, I am so thankful for you. Thank you for being my Bestie.

No comments:

Post a Comment