Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Today's Friend??? ...Marya!

Miss Marya (pronounced Mary-uh) is a great kind of friend. There are so many times that I'll just look at her and start smiling, trying not to laugh. Then she will look at me and say, "What?!" She just cracks me up. Often times, I find myself smiling, near laughter, as I approach the walkway to her house. I told her this one time - she didn't know why I'd start smiling. And I told her, "Because we always have such a great time together, and I just know I'm going to be laughing!"

Today is Marya's day because she and I scrapbooked together today. Gabe had preschool this morning and I was off work. So, she came up and we got to scrap. She and I can sit and scrap for hours (and we do!) It'll be nothing for us to start at 9:00 in the morning and not be done until 12:00, and that's only because we know we have to get home!

She's a mom that's a lot like me - pretty easy-going, yet worries about what she does or doesn't do to be a good mom. I know a lot of moms are like that, but she's just a lot like me. And, she's a lot like Tami. And, I think that's why the 3 of us get along so well! Marya has a very gentle heart... she will cry at any sad story. I love that about her, because she is able to show her emotion easily - not something that comes very easily to me.

Another thing about Marya is that no topic of conversation has not been approached between me and her! My husband always says, "What did you and Marya talk about tonight?" My response is always, "You know, weiners, like always!" For some reason, my husband thinks that's all women talk about when they're together! Another thing I love about Marya is that she takes crap from Greg and gives it right back to him. And, I think he really likes her for that. I don't know about you, but it's pretty cool when your husband likes your friends. Another way Marya and Tami are similar!

Marya, thank you for being a friend I know I'm guaranteed to laugh with, a friend who will talk about weiners with me (hahaha), and a friend who has been through thick and thin with me.

PS: Marya, please don't hate me for this picture... we really need to get some new ones of us together. I couldn't find ANY pictures of you by yourself! Hopefully this picture made you laugh... it sure made me.

No comments:

Post a Comment